ENTRY LEVEL: Service/Van Body Repair Technician
TK Truck Body is a division of Thermo King Western Inc. Our thriving and expanding team have served Edmonton and Western Canada since 1964. Our success is founded on the strength of our Team, our Expertise, and the quality of our products and Service.
We are an inclusive, friendly and family-oriented team, passionate about the work we do. Through our commitment to company culture and first-class products, we are a rapidly growing manufacturer of premium quality van bodies and truck bodies.
We are currently seeking a Service/Van Body Repair Technician to join our TK Truck Body team.
The successful candidate for this position will be an important and valued contributor to our Team. Our customers will depend on your ongoing commitment to their service needs, and on your skills to correctly install, maintain and repair customer equipment. You will possess strong mechanical/electrical aptitude, a positive team-focused attitude and communication skills (verbal and written), and the ability to work independently while providing consistent high-quality detailed work.
As a Van and Truck Body Service Technician you will be a team oriented individual to fill an entry-level to mid-level Skilled Laborer Position for service and installation work related to Truck bodies and accessory equipment.
This position will primarily support our service/van body line; however, we are also looking for mechanical skill sets to help support our VMAC, Service Crane and Tailgate repair department as well.
This position is based in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Mount van bodies and slip in units
- Service and repair on aluminum/steel service/van bodies
- Support for Mechanical repairs on, cranes, Vmac and tailgates (Will train as necessary)
- Operate various power tools, hand tools, and shop equipment (with proper training on equipment)
- Ability to safely use various shop tools and equipment
- Ability to measure and calculate components to fit.
- Ability to follow job plans
- Must understand and exercise safe work habits
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Understand the importance of maintaining a clean and orderly workspace
- Ability to problem solve and willingness to learn
- Flexibility and adaptability when necessary
- Strong work ethic
- This position is physical in nature and requires daily use of hand tools, standing, stooping, kneeling and frequent lifting and moving of 50 lbs.
- Clean and valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Metal and wood working
- Basic Mechanical and 12 volt
- General power and hand tool use
- Experience in brake/sheer operation **an asset, but not required**
- Experience in Welding **an asset, but not required**
- A competitive remuneration package is being offered based on related experience, education, and aptitude (base salary, annual tool and boot allowance, overtime, and potential for banked time).
- Comprehensive benefits package includes paid vacation, extended medical and dental coverage, group life insurance, and a company-matched RRSP program.
*This position does not require an apprentice or journeyman accreditation.
*Over qualified applicants may not be considered.
WHY CHOOSE THERMO KING WESTERN
Our TK Truck Body Division is a top Canadian distributor of service bodies and van bodies. And truck and accessory equipment (VMAC and on-board air compressor systems), hydraulic liftgates, service cranes, and other mechanical systems. Our commitment to sustainability and efficiency, and tireless dedication of our people. products and services are recognized and utilized in many industries including fleet services, food transportation, fuel transportation, construction, maintenance, and many more.
At Thermo King Western, we aim to exceed your expectations through the strength of our people, services, and products. We combine a desire to always learn and grow with a commitment to ensuring our work is positive, productive and enjoyable.
As a team member, you will enjoy many benefits, including:
- Positive work-life balance.
- Opportunities for ongoing career training and development.
- A best-in-class compensation package that acknowledges your abilities and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits packages for you and your family.
- Dedicated leadership that is focused on continuous improvement.
We thank you in advance for your interest in the position; candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CALL US NOW
WE ARE AVAILABLE MONDAY TO FRIDAY FROM 7:30AM - 4:00PM TO ANSWER ALL INBOUND INQUIRIES