SERVICE BODY WELDER
We are currently seeking a Service Body Welder to join our TK Truck Body team.
The successful candidate for this position will be an important and valued contributor to our Team. Our customers will depend on your ongoing commitment to their service needs, and on your skills to correctly install, maintain and repair customer equipment. You will possess strong mechanical/electrical aptitude, a positive team-focused attitude and communication skills (verbal and written), and the ability to work independently while providing consistent high-quality detailed work.
As a Service Body Welder, you will be a team-oriented individual who is experienced with tools and welding for our service body production line. In addition, you will be comfortable handling several projects at once.
This position is based in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Build new Aluminum service bodies.
- Fit and weld components for new service bodies.
- Service and repair on aluminum service bodies.
- Mount aluminum service bodies to chassis.
- Fit and mount service body accessories.
- Operate various power and hand tools.
- Provide additional support wherever Mechanical skill set is required within the division.
- Effective communication with customers and coworkers, both verbal and written.
- Review technical manuals, wiring diagrams, drawings, websites and databases on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain a clean and safe shop environment.
- Accurately document work activities by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklists, and daily time sheets.
- Conduct safety hazard assessments for continuously changing working environments.
- Be flexible and able to adapt when necessary
- This position is physical in nature and requires daily use of hand-tools, standing, bending, kneeling and frequent lifting and moving of 50 lbs.
- Clean and valid Class 5 Driver’
- Ability to measure and fit and weld product
- Ability to interpret simple product schematics/drawings
- Ability to mig weld aluminum and steel (no ticket required)
- Ability to route and install accessories on bodies
- Must understand and exercise safe work habits
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Understand the importance of maintaining a clean and orderly workplace
- Ability to problem solve and willing to learn
- Strong work ethic
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Basic experience on air and hand tools
- Welding and metal/Aluminum working experience
- Any service body work would be considered an asset
- A competitive remuneration package is being offered based on related experience, education, and aptitude (base salary, annual tool and boot allowance, overtime, and potential for banked time).
- Comprehensive benefits package includes paid vacation, extended medical and dental coverage, group life insurance, and a company-matched RRSP program.
*This position does not require an apprentice or journeyman accreditation.
*Over qualified applicants may not be considered.
WHY CHOOSE THERMO KING WESTERN
Our TK Truck Body Division is a top Canadian distributor of service bodies and van bodies. And truck and accessory equipment (VMAC and on-board air compressor systems), hydraulic liftgates, service cranes, and other mechanical systems. Our commitment to sustainability and efficiency, and tireless dedication of our people. products and services are recognized and utilized in many industries including fleet services, food transportation, fuel transportation, construction, maintenance, and many more.
At Thermo King Western, we aim to exceed your expectations through the strength of our people, services, and products. We combine a desire to always learn and grow with a commitment to ensuring our work is positive, productive and enjoyable.
As a team member, you will enjoy many benefits, including:
- Positive work-life balance.
- Opportunities for ongoing career training and development.
- A best-in-class compensation package that acknowledges your abilities and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits packages for you and your family.
- Dedicated leadership that is focused on continuous improvement.
We thank you in advance for your interest in the position; candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CALL US NOW
WE ARE AVAILABLE MONDAY TO FRIDAY FROM 7:30AM - 4:00PM TO ANSWER ALL INBOUND INQUIRIES