TK Truck Body is a wholly owned and operated division of Thermo King Western Inc. Our thriving and expanding team have served Edmonton and Western Canada since 1964. Our success is founded on the strength of our Team, our Expertise, and the quality of our products and Service.
We are an inclusive, friendly and family-oriented team, passionate about the work we do. Through our commitment to company culture and first-class products, we are a rapidly growing manufacturer of premium quality van bodies and truck bodies.
We are currently seeking a Mechanic Technician to join our TK Truck Body Team.
The successful candidate for this position will be an important and valued contributor to our Team. Our customers will depend on your ongoing commitment to their service needs, and on your skills to correctly install, maintain and repair customer equipment. You will possess strong mechanical/electrical aptitude, a positive team-focused attitude and communication skills (verbal and written), and the ability to work independently while providing consistent high-quality detailed work.
Thermo King Western Inc. Truck Body division, is looking for a team oriented individual to fill a Mechanic’s Technician position for service and installation work related to Truck accessory equipment such as VMAC under hood and on board air compressor systems, Hydraulic lift gates, small service cranes and other mechanical systems.
Hours are 7:30am – 4:00pm Monday – Friday.
This position is based in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Install and Service VMAC under hood air compressor as well as diesel driven compressors
- Install and Service Hydraulic lift gates
- Install and diagnose/repair 12/24-volt systems related to truck accessories
- Diagnose and repair basic hydraulic systems
- Provide additional support wherever Mechanical skill set is required within the division.
- Mechanically inclined in the areas of 12v, small gas/diesel engines, and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical/hydraulic schematics, product drawings and installation instructions
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair various pieces of equipment.
- Able to work independently and as a team on the above key responsibilities.
- Must understand and exercise safe work habits
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Understand the importance of maintaining a clean and orderly workplace
- Ability to problem solve and willing to learn
- Be flexible and able to adapt when necessary
- Strong work ethic
- Provide Quality finished work
- High School Diploma or equivalent in education
- Practical Mechanical experience and aptitude.
- Completed Journeyman ticket is an asset but not a requirement.
This position is physical in nature and requires daily use of hand-tools, standing, stooping, kneeling and frequent lifting and moving of 50lbs
- Clean and valid class 5 driver’s license
- A competitive remuneration package is being offered based on related experience, education, and aptitude (base salary, annual tool and boot allowance, overtime, and potential for banked time).
- Comprehensive benefits package includes: paid vacation, extended medical and dental coverage, group life insurance, and a company-matched RRSP program.
WHY CHOOSE THERMO KING WESTERN
Thermo King Western prides itself on its decades-long history of providing exceptional products and service in
temperature control transportation, compressed air, fleet services, food transportation, fuel transportation, construction,
maintenance, and many more.
We believe in the strength of our people, services, and products. We combine a desire to always learn and grow with a
commitment to ensuring our work is positive, productive and enjoyable.
As a team member, you will enjoy many benefits, including:
- Positive work-life balance.
- Opportunities for ongoing career training and development.
- A best-in-class compensation package that acknowledges your abilities and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits packages for you and your family.
- Dedicated leadership that is focused on continuous improvement.
We thank you in advance for your interest in the position; candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CALL US NOW
WE ARE AVAILABLE MONDAY TO FRIDAY FROM 7:30AM - 4:00PM TO ANSWER ALL INBOUND INQUIRIES