We are currently seeking a General Labourer to join our TK Truck Body team.
The successful candidate for this position will be an important and valued contributor to our Team. Our customers will depend on your ongoing commitment to their service needs, and on your skills to correctly install, maintain and repair customer equipment. You will possess a strong work ethic, mechanical/electrical aptitude, a positive attitude and good communication skills (verbal and written).
As a General Labourer, you will be a team-oriented individual understands how to safely use shop tools and equipment. You will work with both our van body and service body production lines.
This position is based in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Install/assemble bolted components onto truck bodies and van bodies.
- Install/assemble basic 12-volt systems related to truck accessories.
- Provide additional support wherever required.
- Operate various types of power and hand tools, and shop equipment.
- Effective communication with customers and coworkers, both verbal and written.
- Maintain a clean and safe shop environment.
- Accurately document work activities by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklists, and daily time sheets.
- Strong work ethic
- Aptitude to safely use various shop tools and equipment.
- Ability to accurately measure equipment and material for purposes of successful installation.
- Able to lift materials and parts in excess of 50 pounds when required.
- Provide consistent work capable of surpassing internal quality control standards.
- Diligently work within the parameters of the company Safety Policy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changeable environment.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly workspace.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Must be able and available to work in Alberta.
- A competitive remuneration package is being offered based on related experience, education, and aptitude (base salary, annual tool and boot allowance, overtime, and potential for banked time).
- Comprehensive benefits package includes paid vacation, extended medical and dental coverage, group life insurance, and a company-matched RRSP program.
WHY CHOOSE THERMO KING WESTERN
Our TK Truck Body Division is a top Canadian distributor of service bodies and van bodies. And truck and accessory equipment (VMAC and on-board air compressor systems), hydraulic liftgates, service cranes, and other mechanical systems. Our commitment to sustainability and efficiency, and tireless dedication of our people. products and services are recognized and utilized in many industries including fleet services, food transportation, fuel transportation, construction, maintenance, and many more.
At Thermo King Western, we believe in the strength of our people, services, and products. We combine a desire to always learn and grow with a commitment to ensuring our work is positive, productive and enjoyable.
As a team member, you will enjoy many benefits, including:
- Positive work-life balance.
- Opportunities for ongoing career training and development.
- A best-in-class compensation package that acknowledges your abilities and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits packages for you and your family.
- Dedicated leadership that is focused on continuous improvement.
We thank you in advance for your interest in the position; candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CALL US NOW
WE ARE AVAILABLE MONDAY TO FRIDAY FROM 7:30AM - 4:00PM TO ANSWER ALL INBOUND INQUIRIES