FABRICATION AND REPAIR TECHNICIAN
We are currently seeking a Fabrication & Repair Technician to join our TK Truck Body team.
The successful candidate for this position will be an important and valued contributor to our Team. Our customers will depend on your ongoing commitment to their service needs, and on your expertise and troubleshooting skills to keep their temperature control equipment operating reliably and efficiently. You will possess strong mechanical/electrical aptitude, a positive team-focused attitude and communication skills (verbal and written), and the ability to work independently while providing consistent high-quality detailed work.
The successful candidate for this position will always strive to achieve customer satisfaction.
As a Fabrication and Repair Technician, you will be a team-oriented individual who is experienced with tools. In addition, you will be comfortable handling several projects at once. To execute the highest level of service, you will use your expert troubleshooting skills, diagnostic tooling, manuals, and schematics to maintain our customers’ uptime and profitability.
This position is based in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Fabricate and weld materials for van and truck bodies **considered an asset but not required**
- Prepare chassis for service body installation
- Perform full Installation process of service body and related equipment onto prepared chassis.
- Install all wiring, electrical components, and accessories onto chassis (12 Volt wiring, basic)
- Service and repair service bodies and their related electrical components, accessories, and equipment.
- Operate various types of power and hand tools.
- Complete preventative maintenance requirements and multi-point inspections.
- Installation, start-up, and commissioning of temperature control equipment, diagnostic inspections, and troubleshooting and repair of compressed air equipment to assure equipment is meeting operating and quality standards.
- Effective communication with customers and coworkers, both verbal and written.
- Review technical manuals, wiring diagrams, drawings, websites, and databases on an ongoing basis to assist with the diagnosis and repair of equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe shop environment.
- Accurately document service and installation activities by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklists, and daily timesheets.
- Conduct safety hazard assessments for continuously changing working environments.
- The ability to measure products to fit, and to interpret simple product schematics and drawings, are key qualifications for this position.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude are key qualifications for this position.
- A high school diploma or equivalency is considered an asset.
- Basic experience with power, air, and hand tools, along with 12-volt experience, is considered an asset.
- Diligently practice Safe Working Habits and follow the company Safety Program.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changeable environment.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly workspace.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Must be able and available to work in Alberta.
- A competitive remuneration package will be offered based on related experience, education, and aptitude (base salary, annual tool, boot allowance, overtime, and potential for banked time).
- The comprehensive benefits package includes paid vacation, extended medical and dental coverage, group life insurance, and a company-matched RRSP program.
WHY CHOOSE THERMO KING WESTERN
Our TK Truck Body Division is a top Canadian distributor of service bodies and van bodies. And truck and accessory equipment (VMAC and on-board air compressor systems), hydraulic liftgates, service cranes, and other mechanical systems. Our commitment to sustainability and efficiency, and the tireless dedication of our people. products and services are recognized and utilized in many industries including fleet services, food transportation, fuel transportation, construction, maintenance, and many more.
At Thermo King Western, we aim to exceed your expectations through the strength of our people, services, and products. We combine a desire to always learn and grow with a commitment to ensuring our work is positive, productive, and enjoyable.
As a team member, you will enjoy many benefits, including:
- Positive work-life balance.
- Opportunities for ongoing career training and development.
- A best-in-class compensation package that acknowledges your abilities and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits packages for you and your family.
- Dedicated leadership that is focused on continuous improvement.
We thank you in advance for your interest in the position; candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CALL US NOW
WE ARE AVAILABLE MONDAY TO FRIDAY FROM 7:30AM - 4:00PM TO ANSWER ALL INBOUND INQUIRIES